*​Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not wish your email address to be released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to the Town Administration or its officials. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

​​​Town of Orchid

​​​located between the atlantic ocean and the intercoastal waterway in historic indian river county

​Local Planning Agency

​In January 2016, Town Council moved to adopt Ordinance No. 2016-01, which amended Chapter 72-1. The Ordinance removed Town Council as the Local Planning Agency and established instead a separate body comprised of Orchid Residents in that role. Town Council appointed five volunteers to the LPA and two alternates. The school board may designate a representative to serve in a non-voting capacity.

The LPA is responsible for matters concerning the comprehensive plan and will make recommendations to Town Council regarding the adoptions of any changes to elements or portions thereof. The LPA will monitor and oversee the effectiveness and status of the comprehensive plan. The LPA will review proposed land development regulations, codes, amendments. The LPA will also perform any other functions, duties or responsibilities assigned by the Town Council.

​Current Local Planning
Agency Members:

Ron Bourque - Chairman
Georgie Hutton - Vice-Chairwoman
Michael Allison
​David Prol
Paul Danielsen
Allan Lamport (Alternate)
​William Badia (Alternate)

The LPA's meetings are subject to the Sunshine Law and will take place in public. Above are the Agendas and Minutes of LPA past and upcoming meetings. For the location and time of an upcoming meeting, please see the Home and Bulletin Board pages.
Advisory Committees
From time to time, the Town Council appoints advisory committees of town residents to perform detailed studies of issues that are important to the Town. These committees may work with the Town Manager, town staff members, and other individuals and report their findings to the Town Council for formal town action. Residents who would like to serve on an Advisory Committee are encouraged to contact any member of the Town Council or the Town Clerk.​​​​